Learn in person with No Trace
Summer Sewing Camps!
When: CAMP 1 (PM): June 13-16, 2022 Monday-Thursday, 1-4pm
CAMP 2 (AM): July 11-14, 2022, Monday- Thursday 10am-1pm
Where: No Trace sewing studio, Capitola
Who: Ages 10+ (8 & 9 year olds who can participate for the full 3 hours are welcome too).
All levels of sewing welcome!
This 4 days of sewing camp is for total beginners all the way up to kids with sewing machine experience.
Here’s what your kiddo will learn:
- How to use a basic pattern.
- How to cut fabric.
- How to use a sewing machine.
- How to sew a tote bag.
- How to sew a skirt
- Plus how to sew other original projects like zipper bags, hair accessories and more.
Campers will gain the confidence to keep sewing & expressing creativity on their own long after sewing camp ends.
Sewing camp is limited to a small group and we’ll be working at Liz’s breezy, well-ventilated home sewing studio & attached outdoor patio.
- Summer sewing camp will comply with the county’s COVID-19 regulations including wearing masks & distancing if mandated.
- Liz is fully vaccinated & boosted.
- If the county regulations change and summer camps are no longer permitted, you’ll receive a full refund.
Projects may include:
- Tote bags
- Pencil bags
- Hair bands & scrunchies
- Fabric ornaments (hearts, stars & more)
- Small pouches for their backpacks to hold a face mask & other goodies
- Fabric bins
- Hot pads for the kitchen
- Key chains
- And more!
- Students should bring 1 to 1.5 yard of fabric for the skirt if they would like to pick out their print.
- Liz has fabric for all the other projects, and for the skirt, if students are unable to bring their own.
- Students are welcome to bring their own fabric if they’d like to use it in other projects as well.
- If students have a sewing machine of their own that’s working, they should bring that so they can master their own machine.
- Please bring a water bottle, snack, and mask.
Space is limited! To reserve a spot, email Liz at email@example.com with your kiddos name & age.
Liz McDade started No Trace in 2017, a Santa Cruz-based brand that makes bags and wraps for zero waste living. In addition to running the business, Liz teaches workshops with kids and adults on sewing, how to make beeswax wraps, and tips for zero waste living. She’s taught at local schools, community events, and online.
Before starting No Trace, Liz worked as a research psychologist studying healthy behavior change and the impact of media on children. Liz lives in Capitola with her husband, two daughters and two crazy dogs. Learn more here.
Learn to sew a skirt!
Sunday, 5/1/2022, 2-4pm.
When: Wednesday, 7/28/2021, 2:30-3:30 PT
No Trace summer sewing camp with Liz!
Dates: June 21-June 24, 2021, 1pm – 4pm (Monday through Thursday)